Taking on a bathroom renovation is one of the most expensive renovations your home has to offer. Sydney-siders can especially be hit by large bathroom renovation costs due to the expensive tastes this region has. Also depending on the suburb your property is located in, you may find yourself trying to fit in with existing styles. Or may even want to achieve a stunning unique design.
But rest assured, as with any large expenditures, there are always some strategies that you can undertake to reduce your overall costs. While still achieving magnificent results. Here are our top 5 bathroom renovations Sydney tips.
- Keep layout changes minimal: Changing the plumbing lines can add big costs to your overall renovation spend. For starters a licensed plumber is required to lay new lines and if you have to cut through concrete slabs or brick walls things can get expensive.
- Recycled items save dollars: You can often pick up cheap and sometimes even free items for your bathroom renovation. Saving money on items such as vanities and baths can reduce your overall renovation cost significantly. This doesn’t mean you need to get damaged items. Floor stock, ex-display models and other reasons cause companies to practically give excellent quality bathware away for next to nothing.
- Large tiles for style: Choosing larger tiles in your bathroom ads a touch of style and class. Not only does it look better, it also makes the room seem bigger and is quicker for the tiler to tile the area. Again saving you on labour costs.
- Fresh paint adds new life: You will be amazed at how a fresh coat of paint can really uplift a room, let alone a bathroom. If you are not going to replace your existing tiles, you can simply paint straight over them to give your bathroom a fresh new look. Of course you will need a primer coat first to ensure the paint sticks well, but the end result will be great.
- Chrome over white: When choosing your fittings, always go for chrome finish over the standard white. The difference in price is often non existent, however the look of chrome fittings adds a higher level of class.
Do your research, look for freebies and bargains and you are sure to save thousands off your total spend. By employing all of these tips you will not only save on your renovation costs but you will also be adding a considerable amount more to your property value once completed. Property value is all about demand. And when your bathroom is in tip top condition and people are attracted to it, they will pay more for your home whenever you decide to sell.
Taking on a home improvement has many benefits for the home owner. For one if this is your primary residence then you quality of living can increase after a home improvement. Alternatively you may be wanting to do up your investment property. Either way by completing an effective home improvement you should be able to add a good stack of value to your property.
But not all home improvements deliver the same return on investment. In fact some ideas can go as bad as the other direction and actually lower your property value. Take for instance if you did a renovation yourself when you should have hired a professional. If you do not follow local or federal laws, a new tenant would have to redo all your work. Not to mention it being illegal to take on such a job without the proper approvals and standards being met.
Another way to create more harm than good is by renovating a room in your home and going overboard. Take for example the bathroom. If you were to have an older style home that is set in an older part of town and decided to complete a bathroom renovation. Spending $30,000 may not be necessary and may mean that the newly renovated room seems totally out of place. Just because your like the choice of style and fittings they might not be for everyone.
So what are some simple steps to get the most bang for you buck?
Simple steps to Increase Your Return on Investment
- Don’t go overboard. Spending more does not always mean you will get more back. There is a happy medium for every project you take on. Spend too little and you may not get a return. Spend too much and you may not get enough return. Spend just right and you will maximise your invested cash.
- Create a style for your home and keep it consistent. Much like the example above with the overpriced bathroom renovation, keep your style of your home consistent. People will feel more of a connection from the moment they enter your property to the time they leave.
- Utilise second hand shops for appliances, furniture and even building materials. If you have never shopped in second hand shops before, you have no idea what you are missing out on. Sure you may have to sift through some garbage, but there are treasures to be found. Make a list of what you are looking for first so you don’t get distracted and go hell for leather. You can often find items that still look brand new at a fraction of the cost of new. Saving you dollars and still delivering stunning results.
- New Paint! A new paint job on your home can totally transform the look and feel of your whole house. Choose colours effectively as once its on your walls its there for a few years at least! Shop around from paint sales and your all set.
- Research – Make sure you spend enough time researching what you want. The last thing you want to do is rush a home improvement only to realise that it is not what you wanted. You then may have to spend twice as much getting it fixed and redone.
Happy home improving!
Looking for a nice low cost kitchen remodeling plan? Follow our Suggestions for kitchen remodel concepts for small, medium or even large houses. Our kitchen transform ideas are fit for tight budgets. We will even provide decorating suggestions for your low cost kitchen design that give stunning results. Rest assured that these kitchen remodel ideas will deliver the brand new look of the kitchen for a fraction of a full renovation cost.
Putting in the kitchen remodel ideas on finances might be finished with the very best color choice of the kitchen. Our design team has over 10 years of expertise with kitchen transforming concepts.
Kitchen rework concepts are the most effective answer for you who need to have the new look in the kitchen design. It will always imply an expense, but we must always be able to obtain an affordable kitchen remodel with some cash-saving suggestions that can be an envious experience. To get started, here are five easy tricks to make your massive kitchen remodel a hit little by little.
I’m again with more ideas at present, based mostly on my experience with remodeling my earlier kitchen.
Wonderful reworking suggestions for DIY’s. These are the commonest updates we perform when we get funds kitchen remodels. Your kitchen may by no means appear to be this, but following a couple of easy tips you can have a successful remodel mission. Simply use these remodelling tips and you will be saving money whereas adding worth to your property in no time.
The kitchen transform concepts make your kitchen more functional and appealing. Although reality remains there are nice Kitchen Remodeling Ideas on a Funds you can provide a good look the kitchen plan. Take the tips you got and apply it to the work you could have forward of you.
All data and tips in this publication are of a educational nature only and we do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the knowledge and ideas on this publication. See tips on giving your space that professionally achieved enchantment with out breaking your price range.
For the people who needs to remodel their kitchen they should take a look at first mannequin design within the internet so that they will have many concepts. This is 10 tips about how one can lower your expenses on your kitchen undertaking, and switch your effort into a constructive achieve in dwelling equity – all with out sacrificing quality. Designing a new kitchen stems past the kitchen itself – a kitchen renovation design is one with the residing space and thus have to be thought of in any design we put to the desk.
Though functionality is on the coronary heart of all successful kitchen and bathroom renovation design, fashion, class and aesthetic attraction is equally important to any home owner, planning to renovate their current kitchen into a renovation masterpiece. Therefore, researching and scripting this mega listing of finances-friendly kitchen transforming ideas in your house was enjoyable as a result of we sought out ideas that we might prefer to implement. This listing of ideas and tricks should assist you to minimize your funding, however maximize the worth of your transform.
Then go for renovation of your kitchen as your need. Here’s some tips to find the right home equipment, create proper storage space and extra. Hope you enjoyed our very first submit, in our subsequent publish we’ll share some tips about building a better toilet.